eCommerce platforms are off-the-shelf, proprietary, or open-source software packages that provide the building blocks with shopping cart features for setting up an eCommerce Website.
eCommerce refers to the process of buying or selling products or services over the Internet. Online shopping is becoming increasingly popular because of the speed and ease of use for customers. According to recent research, the Middle East’s e-commerce industry reached $12.1bn in 2020, indicating 53.8 percent year-over-year growth, due to the stay-at-home economy of Covid-19. Hence, Businesses are embracing eCommerce websites faster than ever.
Businesses have realized the importance of eCommerce and are embracing and making their eCommerce channels more robust. For every business, when they plan to set out on their eCommerce journey is the first question: Which eCommerce platform to use to set up their online stores?
To answer the above question, there are a few more questions that need to be answered first:
1. What types of products do you sell? Variants, customized, bundles, packs, digital, physical, etc.
2. What payment method would you support for your customers to pay?
3. What is the delivery/shipping method that you need?
4. Do you need any specific features such as inventory management?
5. Do you need an enterprise-grade software solution or a Shopping cart featured website platform that would fulfill your requirements?